Santorini Airport Departures (JTR)
|Athens (ATH)||SKY express||GQ357||09:45||Scheduled|
|Vienna (VIE)||Lauda Europe||FR571||11:00||Scheduled|
|No flight departures were found at Santorini Airport.|
Flight Departures at Santorini Airport
When it is time to depart from Santorini Thira Airport (JTR) there are a few things to be aware of to make your visit at the airport a smoother one.
Transfers at Santorini International Airport
- Rental Cars: If you are returning a rental car at Santorini Airport, please follow the instructions from the rental car company you have rented the vehicle from. The rental car counters are located in the Arrivals, All Users area of the airport.
- Buses: Getting to Santorini Airport by public bus is possible from most places on the island, but there are only direct buses from Fira and a couple of intermediate stops situated in between Fira town and the airport. On Thira all public buses depart from Fira so when travelling from other parts of the island a change of buses has to be made at Fira main bus station. Depending on traffic and where you are travelling from this journey can take several hours.
- Taxis: Taxis on Santorini carry up to 4 passengers and the journey between Fira and the airport takes around 15 minutes depending on traffic and the fare begins at around 15-50€. The taxis are metered on distance and time, and additional fess may apply.
- Shuttles: Most hotels offer to organise the airport shuttles for their guests at an additional charge, but it is also possible to organise it yourself. For those travelling with a charter tour operator the transfer might be pre-organised already.
Parking - There is no official airport parking lot at the airport, but there are public parking spaces in the surrounding areas, mostly free of charge, although, during high season it might be difficult to find available parking spaces.
Address of Santorini Airport
Santorini (Thira) Airport84700 Monolithos
Santorini (Thira) Island
Smoking at Santorini Airport
It is not allowed to smoke inside the airport, so make sure to smoke outside before entering. There is however a café located on the roof terrace, available once through the security control, that is said to allow smoking as it is outdoors.
The airport has 3 ATMs located in various locations. For departing passengers there is no ATM once on airside and one of the 3 ATMs is on airside for arriving passengers. The two ATMs available for departing passengers are:
- All users area – Eurobank
- External area – Piraeus Bank
Departing passengers who wish to exchange currency before their flight need to find their way to the Arrivals, All Users area of the airport where a currency exchange is located.
WiFi at Santorini International Airport
The WiFi network at the airport is called “Fraport-Free” and is both free and has not limits for use. Simply choose the network, open up a browser and the welcome page will appear.
Shops in Santorini International Airport
There are no shops in the departures area of the airport on landside, but there is a phone shop in the Arrivals, All Users area.
Once departing passengers have cleared the security control they have access to the Duty Free Shop offering famous brand jewelry, clothing, spirits, tobacco, toys, watches and more.
The Hellenic Duty Free Shops also offer a Reserve & Collect option. Items can be collected once through the security control and airside has been entered.
Mobile Device Charging stations at Santorini Airport
Charging stations offering wireless chargers, Micro USB, USB hub and sockets can be found in the Departures Airside Intra-Schengen gate 3 area.
Food and Beverages
There is a Flocafe serving fresh coffee and handmade sandwiches located in the External Departures, Landside area, and an Aircanteen offering fresh coffee and a variety of sandwiches, pies, pizzas and more in the Departures, Landside area.
For passengers on Airside there is an Il Maestro located in the Intra Schengen area of the airport, offering simple self-service meals such as pizzas and pasta from a limited menu.
First Aid at Santorini Airport
First Aid spots can be found for visitors to use in the case of emergency. For further assistance in a medical emergency please contact the Airport Information Counters.
Lost and Found at Santorini Thira Airport
If you have lost an item on the transfer to the airport please contact the ground transportation company directly.
- For items lost at the airport please contact the Airport Information Counters.
- For items lost on the aircraft please contact the airline directly.
Ferry services to and from the Greek Island of Santorini